While each individual's situation is different, we encourage you to find out your eligibility and apply. This will help you determine which of the programs provide the most benefit for your individual situation.
Visit the GI Bill website.
To apply for your Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits, you will need several pieces of information including:
- GI Bill Benefit Application
- Form DD214 - Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
- Dates and service status for each period of military service.
- Number of months of eligibility remaining for benefits under one or more VA education programs.
- Information Pertaining to participation in the “$600 Buy-Up Program”
- GI Bill Kicker Contract (if participated)
- Transcripts for all periods of post-secondary education
- Banking information to allow for direct deposit of benefits
Do not delay your application! Apply online for faster processing at Post 9/11 GI Bill Benefits Application.
- General Information on Post 9/11 GI BIll - Download
- 10 Steps to the New GI BIll - Download
- Department of Veteran's Administration Post 9/11 GI Benefits Brochure - Download
- Restoring GI Bill Fairness Act of 2011 - Download