Learn how to covert website visitors to leads by motivating them to perform important goals, such as make a purchase, register for a newsletter, or fill out a form.
Conversion training will provide a comprehensive overview of landing page optimization and real-world examples of what works, what doesn't, and what steps are needed to test important data.
Month 1 Modules
In this introductory overview, learn what it means to embrace an "always be testing" culture. Review a series of training videos from Google on their Website Optimizer tool which enable you to easily add a variety of critical tests to your site.
This module covers the process of calculating the sales potential in your existing traffic, how to discern visitor intent, and how to prioritize your marketing efforts to satisfy your most qualified visitors.
- How to calculate your traffic's sales potential
- How to tell which keywords reveal a lot about visitor intent
- How to save time by disqualifying certain visitors
- What A/B testing can do for you
- Conversion versus persuasion
Learn how to recognize the Competitive, Spontaneous, Humanistic, and Methodical users coming to your site, and how to give each of them exactly what they need to make them stay and purchase. You'll learn how to create personas, turn them into working narratives, and use the narratives to build scenarios that will convert your site visitors into customers.
- The 4 basic personas and their customer behavior
- How to model customer behavior
- How to associate pictures with your customer personas
- How to map out the structure of your website to fit your personas
- How to tell a story that sells
All companies with a website should be continuously testing and refining optimization to increase conversion rates. This module shows you how to apply the testing cycle to your website, even if you lack the resources to test everything.
- Prioritizing the potential changes to your website
- Why your conversion rate is fundamental to the testing process
- The three main factors to consider before you begin testing
- How to properly set up a test
- What to test first
Testing is about understanding the customer's motivation, and the critical issues that make people convert. Ultimately, it's about more than just changing a color, or moving items around on your web pages. This module shows you proven methods that will make an impact and increase conversion rates.
- Learning to understand what motivates and influences people
- The 3 types of action pages
- 9 variables to include in your landing page and 5 dimensions to rate them
- How to get your customers' attention and keep them engaged
- 30 key optimization factors broken into 4 main categories
Month 2 Modules
What are the must-have tools to keep your site primed for conversion? In this module, you will learn some of our online favorites plus techniques. We will discuss tools to test the speed of your site, figure out if you're wasting valuable space, or determine if your content is properly customer-focused.
- Basic tools
- Tools for testing site load time
- Tools for image optimization to enhance load time
- "Battleship Grid"
- Tools for quick and effective usability testing
Learn how to enhance the credibility of your website to increase conversions and build lasting relationships with your customers.
- Why trust is so hard to develop on the internet
- The top reasons consumers leave a retailer
- How to use contact information to increase confidence levels
- The need for caution when using stock photography
- How to create a great 'about us' page that establishes trust with your customers
"Scent" is the information trail your visitors are following when they come to your site. Mark that trail with consistent design and messaging that builds, invites, and guides so they will follow it through your site all the way to checkout. This module provides a multitude of examples to help you understand when scent is working, and when it's not.
- Where the biggest opportunities are to improve conversion rates
- Why design is as important for maintaining scent as copy and content
- Which metrics are good tools for measuring the strength of scent
- Why keywords are never to blame for low conversion rates
- How to effectively insert keywords into a landing page dynamically
It's simply not enough to get the sale anymore. It is also necessary to ensure that whoever buys your products is satisfied with their purchase. This module teaches you how to speak the language of your customers, entice them with an offer, complete a sale and keep them happy.
- How to ensure you are satisfying each stage of AIDAS
- Which little things matter the most to conversion
- Why it's critical to ensure your "add to cart" button is above the fold
- How coupon codes can cause conversion problems
- Why your return policy should be prominently featured in the checkout process
Month 3 Modules
Learn a 10-step process for improving the copy on your website. Copy is the most persuasive element of any webpage; learn how to format text for readability, convey a good first impression and when to know less is more.
- 10 steps to improve your copy
- Why headlines are so important to conversion
- How the first mental image of your website affects the mindset of visitors
- Why words are the most effective means of persuading on the web
- How to change adjectives to verbs and increase your persuasive copy
Customer reviews and testimonials are an extremely valuable asset to your website, yet many companies don't offer them or don't use them effectively. In this module, learn how to turn customer reviews into better converting copy, where to place reviews and testimonials, and what makes a good testimonial.
- What makes customers want to talk about your product
- Three triggers for word-of-mouth stories
- How to leverage word-of-mouth reviews
- How to correctly implement customer reviews on your site
- How to help visitors find the right products
- Latest Curriculum Content
- Assignments & Real-Life Projects
- In-Depth, Online Training
- Video Modules & Quizzes
- Live Weekly Meetings
- Any-time Faculty Q&A