New Horizons SEO training gives you the tools you'll need to succeed in the challenging and far-reaching world of SEO.
Learn how to make sure search engines, and your audience, can find your site by learning today's most effective SEO best practices. Your instructor will guide you a 90-day curriculum that includes these modules, and many more.
Month 1 Modules
In this comprehensive overview, learn all of the on-page and off-page information needed to build a fully SEO-optimized website. Whether you're just learning SEO concepts, or you're a seasoned professional, everyone will benefit from reviewing the latest in critical checklist items.
- How to write page titles that the search engines love
- The importance of a well-organized website architecture hierarchy
- How Meta Description tags are best utilized in today's search-based web culture
- How search engines really view your headers, footers, and navigation elements
- How to write effective page copy with current best practices in mind
Don't start building a website before watching this module. As you will learn, a good site design and architecture is critical, not only for your user's experience, but for your site to rank well. Without good structure, your site will be abandoned by users and ignored by search engines.
- Making your site more accessible and more search friendly
- Understanding how and where to draw the line between usability and SEO
- Proper site architecture for large sites, small sites, and blog sites
- Keyword research and its relationship to site architecture
- Building an internal architecture that optimizes your chances for ranking well
Keyword research remains one of the most important aspects of the search engine optimization process. Understanding your ability to rank for each keyword ensures your website gets in front of the right eyeballs. Learn which tools to use, how to use them, and what to look for in the critical research module.
- Building a solid keyword list for your site.
- How and where to blend long tail and short tail terms into your strategy
- Analyzing your competition and finding out where they are vulnerable
- Developing a realistic timeline for competitive term ranking
- How to use the many tools at your disposal
Month 2 Modules
Understanding how search engines see on-page content, title tags and meta descriptions, and how users view your search results is critically important to good rankings, good conversions, and lower bounce rates. Learn how to show search engines what they want to see in order to rank well for your keywords.
- Optimal keyword sorting strategies to maximize your exposure
- Writing effective page copy for both search engines and site visitors
- Writing compelling meta descriptions to bring users to your site from the search results
- Optimizing your title tags for maximum effectiveness
- Strategies for building "exact match" phrases without spamming the engines
Master another piece of the SEO puzzle; link-building. The way that search engines see it, the more important the sites are that link to you, the more important your site must be. It becomes critically important to understand the delicate science of building an effective inbound link strategy.
- The types of links available and which ones to try to get
- Strategies for requesting links from 3rd party websites
- The ins and outs of purchasing paid links
- Engaging the blogging community for links
- Negotiating for links
Learn from real examples as this in-depth module discusses ranking in local search markets. Learn a comprehensive list of techniques to ensure your site is ranked when people search for local services.
- The top 10 local search ranking factors
- Improving the trust your business has with search engines
- Optimizing the pages that are most important to search engines
- Strategies for premium listings in the search engines
- Staying away from PPC when driving traffic to local search results
Month 3 Modules
We will guide you through the mobile maze, explaining how to ensure your site looks good on any phone. Learn how to rank well in mobile-specific search engines, and how to engage your customers with mobile marketing campaigns.
- Optimizing specifically for mobile search results
- The importance of .mob domain name
- Building an effective text message campaign
- Integrating mobile into your marketing mix
- Building dynamic and hybrid pages to optimize the mobile user experience
This module takes you through the strategies and techniques to get management, marketing, developers, IT, and designers all on board with your SEO project.
- Learning to be an SEO evangelist
- Cultivating relationships with all marketing, management, and development teams
- Getting your SEO projects permanently into the development lifecycle
- Using QA teams to your advantage
- Reporting techniques when delivering SEO results to management
- Latest Curriculum Content
- Assignments & Real-Life Projects
- In-Depth, Online Training
- Video Modules & Quizes
- Live Weekly Meetings
- Any-time Faculty Q&A