Focused learning. One-on-one mentoring. Flexible scheduling.
New Horizons Mentored Learning method puts time back in your hands. Flexible course schedules allow you to acquire valued new skills around your daily schedule. Targeting learning means you learn what you need to learn without wasting your time with what you may already know. New Horizons Madison knows that time is money and Mentored Learning allows you to maintain productivity and schedule around deadlines while increasing your capabilities. Certified instructors are available to answer questions and ensure your comprehension of the course material.
Mentored Learning Video (Requires Windows Media Player)
The Mentored Learning Approach
Mentored Learning is an on-demand delivery model - you determine when you attend training and for how long. Each workstation includes two computer monitors. On one, you can access the course content: video, text and audio. On the other monitor, you have access to the production environment so you can practice your skills at any time during the course. This allows you to fast-forward through areas, or stop the content and practice a concept hands-on as many times as you need. This increases knowledge retention and the ability to apply your newly acquired knowledge on the job.
Skill sets are assessed prior to training to identify the gap between your current level of knowledge and required level of knowledge. Your learning path can then be customized to specifically fill that knowledge gap. You are completely in control of the pace of the course and the content covered so you can focus only what you need to learn.
Certified Instructors are present to provide ongoing coaching, support and guidance throughout your training. Mentors can answer questions and provide additional instruction when needed to help increase your comprehension and retention of the course material.
Flexible course schedules allow you to get that added skill set while maintaining your daily schedule. For instance, the training schedule can be built around a work schedule so productivity in the workplace is maintained.
Mentored Learning Benefits for the Student
- Flexible schedule allows individuals to acquire new skills around their schedule.
- Ability to control the pace of the course and content covered meets individual learning needs.
- Learn while doing approach increases the ability to retain and apply new knowledge.
- One-on-one mentoring increases the comprehension of the material.
- Blending lecture, hands-on practice and instructor interaction creates the most stimulating and effective learning environment possible.
Mentored Learning Benefits for the Corporation
- Productivity is maintained with flexible training scheduling that can be built around work schedules.
- Individual learning paths focus specifically on the knowledge and skills that are aligned with the organization’s learning goals.
- Pre- and post-assessments track progress and gauge return on investment.
- Authorized vendor courseware is used to ensure proper skill development
Fields of Study Available Through Mentored Learning
||Microsoft Exchange Server
||Microsoft Office – Technical
||Microsoft Windows Technical
||Microsoft Other – Technical
||Microsoft Application Architecture
View our Mentored Learning Schedule
Stay Productive. Stay in Charge. Begin Mentored Learning Today
New Horizons Madison will develop a customized and focused training plan for each student, which will translate into increased efficiencies and improved productivity. Contact us today at 608-836-8384 to get started right away.