Online LIVE - Virtually The Only Way to Learn!
What is Online LIVE?
Like our traditional classroom learning, New Horizons’ Online LIVE (OLL) learning model allows students to learn from expert instructors, access live, hands-on labs, and use authorized vendor curriculum. The only difference recognized with this learning model is that the student is not in the classroom with an instructor, but attends class from a remote location.
OLL brings a variety of benefits to our clients, including:
- More robust and varied open-enrollment training schedule
- Minimizes commuting challenges and costs, and promotes a green agenda
- Connect virtual teams for collaborative group training
- Eliminates class cancellations and rescheduling
The Learning Experience
OLL classes follow the same framework as our traditional instructor-led training. Using lecture,demos, and freehand diagramming, our certified trainers provide instruction throughourcollaborative eLearning platform.
All students are issued low-noise headphones with microphones, and may freely participate in discussions with the instructor or with other students by voice or through text-chat. VoIP technology allows for clear,uninterrupted voice communication.
Students apply what they learn in lecture by working on hands-on labs in a virtual environment. During their lab practice, the instructor can provide one-to-one mentoring, using remote sharing technology to view and manage the student’s computer.
The award winning labs offer students the following features:
- Learn on the real thing – Learners interact with virtual machines, allowing them to use the same software and scenarios they will encounter in the real world.
- Integrated guidance – The Lab On-Demand lab console walks the learner through the learning process step-by-step. Detailed instructions are provided from within the console interface. This means the learner doesn’t waste time flipping between a lab manual and the lab itself.
- Lab restore points – Learners can create restore points within their labs, allowing them to instantly revert back to “known good” states.
- Customizable interface – The lab console can be customized by the learner to fit individual needs and preferences.
New Horizons offers live labs for more than 150 courses. The majority of Online LIVE offerings are vendor authorized programs, including: Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix, CompTIA, and Novell.
The Learning Environment
With minimal technical requirements, the OLL platform was designed to make the training experience as simple to implement as possible, allowing students to attend class from their home, office, or on the road. Alternately, students may attend classes in their local New Horizons center’s OLL Learning Lab, which is appointed with a variety of special features to ensure the student’s success. In addition to an optimal technical environment with on-site support, students benefit from a focused learning environment free from the distractions that might be present at work or home.
Click here for a complete schedule of classes currently available