VMware vSphere® 5.0 Ultimate Bootcamp®
VMware vSphere® 5.0 is the industry leading virtualization technology platform accelerating the shift to cloud computing for existing datacenters. The Ultimate Bootcamp® that has become known to be the most comprehensive VMware training course in the industry will be available this September as vSphere® 5.0 Ultimate Bootcamp.
This course combines several popular VMware vSphere classes into one 5 day accelerated-learning bootcamp with content and concepts from multiple VMware® classes: Install, Configure, Manage; What’s New!; Manage for Performance; and Troubleshooting!
The Ultimate Bootcamp® maximizes the students' training experience with hands-on labs based upon real-world scenarios and conducted with state-of-the art equipment. The Ultimate Bootcamp imparts students with the knowledge and skills necessary to maximize efficiency in the work place. The class will prepare the student to achieve the Certified Virtualization Expert® 5.0 (CVE5.0) certification which will demonstrate their knowledge and skills as a certified professional. Global IT Training offers a Test Pass Guarantee to all students who attend and complete the vSphere® 5.0 Ultimate Bootcamp®.
This FIVE day course includes all the important content you would find in 7 of VMware’s most popular courses!
Taught by leading experts in the field of virtual technologies, students will gain key insights into the constant evolution of cloud based datacenters, hybrid cloud modeling, new pooled vRAM licensing, setting up and managing multiple hosts, mastering vCenter 5.0 services and how to maximize datacenter efficiency while maintaining VMware licensing compliance policies.
Students attain not only knowledge, but experience, utilizing vSphere 5.0 technologies along with information and labs on 3rd party tools providing skills that directly translate to real-world ability and empowering the students to better manage their vSphere environment more effectively
- Five (5) 10 hour days of intense instruction with no outside distractions
- Personal access to the top virtualization experts in the industry
- Each student is provided their own dedicated server to practice on.
- 50 + labs to hone skills and give a 360° perspective on how to build and maintain virtual environments. Labs include: vMotion, Storage vMotion, High Availability (HA), Data Recovery, Hot Add, Enhanced vMotion Compatibility (EVC), Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS), Storage DRS, Network I/O Control, New esxcli & localcli, NetFlow monitoring, ESXi 5.0 Firewall, Host Profiles, Policy Driven Storage,VMFS-5 and many other virtualization technologies.
- Install, configure, deploy, secure, analyze, consolidate and design virtual networks from A-Z
- Learn to apply third party solutions to simplify processes and make the job easier.
- Post mentoring from the best virtualization instructors in the industry.
- The Certified Virtualization Expert® certification establishes credentials with employers.
The primary objective of the vSphere® 5.0 Ultimate Bootcamp® is to train the ultimate virtualization expert through intense immersion in a five day accelerated training bootcamp.
Upon the completion of the Ultimate Bootcamp, students will learn:
- About all of the new and exciting features of VMware vSphere® 5.0
- Foundational terms and concepts concerning virtualization
- How to install, configure, and support ESXi Server 5 and vCenter™ 5
- How to configure Virtual Networking including vNetwork Distributed Switches & vShield Zones & how to support VMotion & iSCSI Multipathing
- P2V, V2V, V2P, and P2P methods and techniques
- Server Consolidation procedures and reasoning
- Tools to support a virtual infrastructure - VMware®, PlateSpin®, Vizioncore™, Veeam, and more
- VMotion™, Storage VMotion, Distributed Power Mgmt (DPM), Update Manager, Power Mgmt, Guided Consolidation, Fault Tolerance, Clustering – DRS/HA, etc.
- Best Practices within a Virtual Enterprise
- How to perform backups in the ESXi environment – Service Console and Virtual Machines – VCB and Data Recovery
- How to use the Command Line Interface for supporting ESXi Servers - ESXi commands
- Configure and optimize storage - FC, iSCSI, NFS, Multipathing, and Thin Provisioning
- Click here to view the full vSphere 5.0 course outline
Who Should Attend the vSphere® 5.0 Ultimate Bootcamp?
System Administrators, Engineers, and Operators responsible for setup, support, and troubleshooting of ESXi 5 Server and/or vCenter™ 5. This Ultimate Bootcamp is intended for IT Professionals with 1 or more years of server and infrastructure experience. Individuals should have experience on Microsoft Windows and/or Linux Servers.
Featured Class Dates:
Start Date: 10/10/2011
When: 8:00 AM-6:00 PM
VMware vSphere 5.0 Ultimate Bootcamp - Fill out form below to request more info about these additional dates
Request More Information & Pricing