Oracle DBA Certification
The Oracle database has evolved over more than 20 years, from the earliest relational database providing ad hoc SQL to the internet era, Supporting Internet business applications. Oracle is the provider of the world’s most popular database and is the first database designed for the Internet.
The Oracle 9i Certified Associate (OCA) and Oracle 9i Certified Professional (OCP) Database Administrator tracks are certifications for IT professionals wanting to gain an industry-recognized qualification towards careers as database administrators.
The Oracle 9i Certified program is for fresh graduates & IT professionals to become Oracle DBAs at various levels in the organization. If you are an IT professional looking at obtaining a credential that can help you pursue a career in the field of database. No qualifications are mandatory but it is recommended that you have some basic knowledge of database concepts, techniques and the ability to use graphical user interface.
Duration/Contents of Program
The program consists of four courses that include SQL, create & manipulating database objects, storing, retrieving and manipulating data, backup, recovery and performance tuning.
Benefits of the program/Future job functions
The DBA program will help you attain skills to:-
- Design, create, install and maintain an Oracle database
- Configure network parameters
- Back up and recover oracle database, through various backup, failure, restore and recovery scenarios & tune Oracle database
The program provides the following job opportunities:-
- The Associate level (Oracle 9i Certified Associate) provides apprentice level jobs as support members of a team.
- The Professional level (Oracle 9i Certified Professional) provides large scale database or to develop database applications that are deployed enterprise-wide and pave the way for senior level job opportunity