Pathways to Portable Careers
The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts Program (MyCAA) is a career development and employment assistance program sponsored by the Department of Defense (DoD). MyCAA helps military spouses pursue licenses, certificates, certifications or Associate’s Degrees (excluding General Studies and Liberal Arts) necessary for gainful employment in high demand, high growth Portable Career Fields and Occupations. MyCAA provides up to $4,000 of Financial Assistance with a $2000 fiscal year cap. Spouses must finish their program of study within three years from the start date of the first course
New Horizons Computer Learning Center program options for MyCAA include:
- Health Care (Medical Records and Health Information Technicians)
- Information Technology (Network and Data Communications Analysts, Database Administrator, Computer Support Specialist)
Who Is Eligible?
- Spouses of active-duty junior service members in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W1 to W-2 and O-1 to O-2
- If the spouse of National Guard and/or AGR member, the sponsor must be on federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS)
What the DoD’s MyCAA Program Pays For
Tuition costs for education and training courses and examinations leading to an Associate’s degree (excluding General Studies and Liberal Arts), license, certificate or certification at an accredited college, university, or technical school in the United States or approved testing organization that expands employment or portable career opportunities for military spouses.
MyCAA Accounts and Spouse Eligibility:
- Visit the MyCAA Spouse Portal at https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa
- Provide Spouse Profile information.
- A real-time DEERS check will be initiated to determine spouse eligibility to use open a MyCAA Account.
- If eligible, the MyCAA Spouse Portal will walk the spouse through the process of opening a MyCAA Account.
- For those who do not pass the DEERS check, additional guidance will be provided.
To find New Horizons Computer Learning Center locations participating in the MyCAA program go to: https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa/School/SearchSchools.aspx
New Horizons Offers:
Flexible Learning Options To Meet Your Needs
- Personalized Instructor Led Mentored Learning
- Online Live Training
- Instructor Led Classroom Training
- Real World Simulation Learning Labs
- Certification Preparation Tools
- Certification Exams
- Job Placement Assistance
- Authorized Courseware
- Web-based and computer-based help
- Certified Classroom Training
Job Placement Assistance
New Horizons has provided many of our graduating students with job opportunities with organizations ranging from Fortune 500 companies to local businesses.
Did You Know?
- We are the largest network of Microsoft Certified Partners and Gold Partners for Learning Solutions in the world.
- New Horizons consistently outperforms benchmark peer IT training companies in instructor performance, courseware quality and facility satisfaction.
- Over 98% of our clients utilize the knowledge and skills gained through New Horizons training in their job.
- Over 59% of New Horizons students’ state that the training received was critical to their job performance.
- New Horizons training yields a 4:1 benefit-to-cost ratio relative to the predicted increase in performance (tied to a standard salary classification).
- New Horizons is approved for the training of VA students!