An RHCDS has the skills and knowledge necessary to build reliable, available, scalable, and manageable solutions in mission-critical datacenter environments using fully-supported open source technologies from Red Hat.
Current RHCEs will obtain RHCDS certification upon successfully passing all three Expertise Exams:
- EX401 Deployment, Virtualization, and Systems Management
- EX423 Directory Services and Authentication
- EX436 Clustering and Storage Management
These courses build on system administration skills covered in the Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) program, which is a prerequisite.
All upper-level courses are all peer level, meaning each can be taken by someone with RHCE or equivalent skills. Any order is fine.
RHCDS Curriculum and Expertise Exams
- Only current RHCEs are eligible to be certified as a Red Hat Certified Datacenter Specialist (RHCDS), while anyone can attend the courses in this track.
- Current RHCEs will obtain RHCDS certification upon successfully passing all three Expertise Exams.
- The courses are not required as the tests can be taken separately but they are strongly recommended.
|Required Exams||Recommended Training|
|EX401 Deployment, Virtualization, and Systems Management Exam||RH401 Deployment, Virtualization, and Systems Management|
|EX423 Directory Services and Authentication Exam||RH423 Directory Services and Authentication|
|EX436 Clustering and Storage Management Exam||RH436 Clustering and Storage Management |