Candidates for the Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Support Technician (MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician) credential have expertise in deploying Windows Vista, managing security, and troubleshooting network issues. They have three years of experience as a tier 2 or lead desktop support technician.
Skills required for the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician certification include the ability to:
- Manage workflow
- Install and configure desktop operating systems and applications
- Troubleshoot the desktop operating system, desktop applications and networking and connectivity
- Install and configure hardware devices and drivers (including mobile and personal services)
- Escalate complex issues to the appropriate administrator (for example, server administrator, network administrator or desktop configuration administrator)
- Install and test department-specific and line-of-business (LOB) applications on end-user computers
- Change desktop configurations as needed
- Re-image desktops as needed
MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician Requirements
MCITP candidates earn their MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician Credential by successfully completing two exams: one Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) Windows Vista prerequisite exam and one Professional Series exam.
New Horizons has the largest network of Microsoft Certified Partners for Learning Solutions (CPLSs) in the computer training industry. To find the authorized center nearest you, click here.
For more information on the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician credential, go to: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/entsupport/default.mspx.
MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
One Prerequisite Exam and One Exam Required: