CompTIA Security+ Certification training at New Horizons can provide you the skills necessary to become Security+ certified and ready for an IT Security role. CompTIA Security+ certification course vendor-neutral with focus on the field of network security and how it relates to other areas of information technology. This course also provides the broad-based knowledge necessary to prepare for further study in specialized security fields, or it can serve as a capstone course that gives a general introduction to the field.
You may also be interested in
Who Should Attend?
- Security Architect
- Wireless Administrator
- Security Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Security Administrator
- Security Consultant/Specialist
- Personnel seeking IAT-1 certification to Information Assurance Technician fulfill the DoD 8570.1 Directive
CompTIA Network+ certification and two years of technical networking experience with an emphasis on security
Skills Students will Learn
- You will be able to identify fundamental concepts of computer security and security threats
- You will have the skills to harden internal systems and services as well as internetwork devices and service
- You will know the be able to implement secure network communications
- You will establish security best practices for creating and running web-based applications.
- You will become familiar with managing public key infrastructure (PKI) and certificates.
- You will be capable of enforcing organizational security policies.
- You will be equipped to monitor the security infrastructure and manage security incidents
Technical Features of the Course
- Systems Security: systems & peripheral security threats, workstation & server security procedures and applications
- Network Infrastructure: ports & protocols security threats, network security tools, vulnerabilities and mitigations for network devices, transmission devices and wireless
- Access Control: industry best practices, control model differentiation, appropriate rights and privileges, authentication models and components, physical access security methods
- Assessments & Audits: vulnerability assessment execution, penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, monitoring methodologies and timing, logging procedures and evaluation
- Cryptography: cryptography concepts, hashing concepts, algorithm mapping, encryption concepts, protocol implementation, public key infrastructure and
- Organizational Security: redundancy planning, disaster recovery procedures, incident response, legislation and organizational policy, environmental controls,
social engineering mitigation
Certification and Exams
A Security+ certification candidate is required to pass a single exam.
| CompTIA Security+ 2011||SY0-301|
CompTIA Security+ certification earned the ISO 17024 accreditation from the International Organization of Standardization (ISO) in 2008. ISO requires that individual renew their certification on a regular basis. Effective January 1, 2011 CompTIA's Security+ certification holders will be subject to renewal every three years per ISO. However, candidates who pass the exam and become certified by December 31, 2010 will have a lifetime certification with no requirements for recertification or retesting.