| Print Preview
| E-Mail Outline
Cisco® Implementing Cisco® Unified Communications Manager, Part 2 v8.0 (CIPT2)
Traditional Instructor Led Learning - 5.00 Day(s)
Online Live - 5.00 Sessions
Mentored Learning - Flexible
Students will apply a dial plan for a multisite environment including TEHO, configure survivability for remote sites during WAN failure and implement solutions to reduce bandwidth requirements in the IP WAN.
Who Should Attend:
Channel Partner / Reseller
At Course Completion:
Skills the Student will Learn
- Describe multisite deployment issues and solutions, and describe and configure required dial plan elements.
- Implement call-processing resiliency in remote sites by using Cisco Unified SRST, MGCP fallback, and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in Cisco Unified SRST mode.
- Implement bandwidth management and CAC to prevent oversubscription of the IP WAN.
- Implement Device Mobility and Cisco Extension Mobility.
- Describe and implement CCD deployments.
Technical Features of the Course
- Multisite deployments
- SRST and MGCP fallback
- Bandwidth management and call admission control
- Device mobility
CIPT2 v8.0 is part of the CCNP Voice track (CIPT2 v8.0 exam is 642-457 CIPT2 v8.0)
Prerequisite(s) or equivalent knowledge:
Cisco® Interconnecting Cisco® Networking Devices Part 1 v1.1 (ICND1)|
Cisco® Interconnecting Cisco® Networking Devices Part 2 v1.1 (ICND2)
Cisco® Introducing Cisco® Voice and Unified Communications Administration v8.1 (ICOMM)
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
• Working knowledge of converged voice and data networks.
• Working knowledge of the MGCP, SIP, and H.323 protocols and their implementation on Cisco IOS gateways.
• Ability to configure and operate Cisco routers and switches.
• Ability to configure and operate Cisco Unified Communications Manager in a single-site environment.
Lesson 1: Multisite Deployment Implementation|
|Identifying Issues in a Multisite Deployment
Identifying Multisite Deployment Solutions
Implementing Multisite Connections
Implementing a Dial Plan for International Multisite Deployments
Lab 1-1: Implementing Basic Multisite Connections
Lab 1-2: Implementing a Dial Plan for International Multisite Deployments
Lesson 2: Centralized Call-Processing Redundancy Implementation|
|Examining Remote Site Redundancy Options
Implementing SRST and MGCP Fallback
Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express in SRST Mode
Lab 2-1: Implementing SRST and MGCP Fallback
Lab 2-2: Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express to Provide Redundancy
Lesson 3: Bandwidth Management and CAC Implementation|
Lab 3-1: Implementing Bandwidth Management
Lab 3-2: Implementing CAC
Lesson 4: Implementation of Features and Applications for Multisite Deployments|
|Implementing Device Mobility
Implementing Cisco Extension Mobility
Lab 4-1: Configuring Device Mobility
Lab 4-2: Configuring Cisco Extension Mobility
Lesson 5: CCD|
|Describe and implement CCD deployments.
Lab 5-1: Implementing CCD Using the Cisco SAF Client and Forwarder
*Content, days, and times vary depending on your location. Please view the outline on the checkout page prior to purchase or
contact the local center for more information.