The Securing Cisco Networks with Snort Rule Writing Best Practices (SSFRULES) version 2.0 Cisco Training on Demand course provides you with technical training in the concepts of Snort rule development and the Snort rule language. You also learn about standard and advanced rule options, OpenAppID, and how to tune Snort rules.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the Snort rule development process
- Describe the Snort basic rule syntax and usage
- Describe how traffic is processed by Snort
- Describe several advanced rule options used by Snort
- Describe OpenAppID features and functionality
- Describe how to monitor the performance of Snort and how to tune rules
Length: 3.0 days (24 hours)