In this course, you will learn how to manage end-customer Virtual Private Network (VPN) environments built over a common service provider Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) backbone. You will complete hands-on labs to reinforce MPLS VPN fundamental concepts, benefits, and classification, MPLS components, MPLS control plane and data plane operations, MPLS VPN routing using Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF), Layer 2 and Layer 3 MPLS VPNs, IPv6 MPLS VPN implementations, IP Multicast VPNs, and shared services VPNs. The course also covers solutions for deploying MPLS VPN crossing multiple Service Provider domains that improve the use of network bandwidth. This course prepares you for the CCNP Service Provider concentration exam 300-515.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- How networks function, identifying major components, and function of network components.
- Understand issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN and identify switched LAN technology solutions to Ethernet networking issues
- Extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used with a focus on RF wireless access
- Functions of Wide Area Networks (WANs), the major devices of WANs, and configure PPP encapsulation, static and dynamic routing, PAT and RIP routing.
- Use of the command-line interface to discover neighbors on the network and managing the router’s startup and configuration.
Technical Features of this course include the following:
- The Open System Interconnection (OSI) reference model.
- Ethernet and TCP/IP
- IOS Software
- Wireless LANs
- LAN and WAN Technologies
Associated Certification: CCENT
Cost: $ 1,000
Length: 180.0 days (40 hours)
Book Self Paced On Demand