In the face of rapid, disruptive change, companies understand that command-and-control leadership is no longer viable. As a result, many firms are moving toward a coaching model in which managers facilitate problem solving and encourage employees’ development by asking questions and offering support and guidance rather than giving orders and making judgments. Leaders can use the GROW and Thought models of coaching to become more skilled at listening, questioning, and drawing insights out of the people they supervise. This course will help you develop coaching skills that motivate employees to reach their full potential.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
After completing this workshop, students will be able to:
• Explain how coaching can help employees achieve their full potential
• Recognize common coaching challenges
• Explain the key principles of the Thought model
• Explain the four steps of the GROW model
• Identify important guidelines for providing feedback
• Apply strategies that will motivate employees
Length: 2.0 days (16 hours)
5:00 PM ET
5:00 PM ET