In his classroom course, you will learn basic concepts and skills you need to be productive users on Power Systems with IBM i. With plenty of hands-on lab exercises, we show everything from signing onto the available user interfaces; green screen environment and IBM Navigator for i. You will learn how objects are managed on the system and how you display these objects. You will learn to use control language (CL) commands (fast path) and how to work with and manage messages on the system. We will also address how to the system manages work and how you manage your printouts. We will also provide a basic overview of security.
Learn about IBM Operating Systems, IBM I and IBM i 7.2
Who Should Attend?
This basic course is intended for new end users employed in a data processing environment who are new to Power Systems with IBM i.
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 - Introduction and overview to IBM i
2 - Using 5250 emulation interface
3 - Using IBM Navigator for i
4 - Using the messages function on IBM i
5 - Using CL commands on IBM i
6 - Managing objects on IBM i
7 - Managing your work on IBM i
8 - IBM i security overview
9 - Additional education