Scrum is a framework that relies on cross-functional teams to deliver valuable products and services in short cycles or "increments" that enable continuous improvement, fast incorporation of end-user feedback, and accelerated delivery. Product Owners have a unique and demanding role in a Scrum environment. They decide what the Scrum team will create next in order to deliver more value to the customer and maximize the return on investment (ROI) for an organization. This comprehensive workshop prepares you for the Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification and fulfills the requirement of a two-day CSPO training course taught by a Certified Scrum Trainer®. Upon active participation throughout the course, students will be eligible for the Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification (there's no exam) and will receive a 2-Year Scrum Alliance Membership.
Understand the responsibilities and the core competencies of an effective Scrum Product Owner
Identify Product Owner (PO) challenges, techniques, and best practices for working with stakeholders, customers, users, and Scrum teams
Learn the PO's role in developing a product vision and delivery strategy
Understand the role of the PO in defining product value
Test and validate product assumptions
Learn tools and techniques effective POs use to develop, order, and refine the product backlog
Who Should Attend?
This workshop-style class is intended for those practicing or looking to serve as a Product Owner. It is also highly valuable for anyone involved in Agile-based projects within their organizations including Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Cross-Functional Team Members, Project Managers, Product Managers, etc.
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 - Fundamentals of the Product Owner
- Overview of Scrum
- Role and Responsibilities
- Common Product Owner Anti-Patterns
- Scrum Based Work Environments
- Product Owner Contexts
2 - Working with Stakeholders
- Stakeholders, Customers and Users
- Types of Decisions
- Product Owner Facilitation
- Managing Dependencies
- Monitoring Progress
- Monitoring Progress toward a Goal
3 - Product Strategy
- The Importance of the Product Vision
- Visioning Techniques
4 - Roadmaps and Release Planning
- Product Delivery Strategies
- Answering the Core Questions for
- Product Development
5 - Customer Research and Product Discovery
- Customer Segmentation
- Gaining Customer Perspective
- Designing the User Experience
- Generating New Ideas
- Developing Personas
6 - Testing Product Assumptions
- Assumptions and Hypotheses
- Why Test?
- Testing Methods
7 - Working with the Product Backlog
- What makes a Product Backlog?
- Backlog refinement
8 - Defining Value
9 - User Stories
- Foundation, Attributes
- What if They are Too Big?
10 - Ordering the Product Backlog
- Ordering Techniques
11 - Identifying Releases
- Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- User Story Mapping
12 - The Product Owner and the Sprint
- Selecting and Sprint Duration
- The Sprint Events