Proven Learning System
The New Horizons 5-step approach to training encompasses a proven system that incorporates the best courses, materials, and instruction, tailored to match our learners' specific needs and learning styles.
This approach involves getting to know the businesses and students who invest in us to ensure our training is successful in any work environment. We can deliver the highest training ROI through personalized assessment, learning, reinforcement, tracking, and validation. Specifically, our approach is broken down into five stages:
Determine individual skills and business goals and then match the course content and learning method to your company’s goals. Make the most of your training investment by identifying knowledge gaps and focusing on the most relevant courses to fill those gaps.
Our training providers offer Online, In Class, Mentored Learning, OnDemand, and Custom Learning options. With so many options available, New Horizons has become the world’s largest independent IT training provider by delivering accessible learning methods and variations to meet our student’s needs.
Our learning methods include:
- In Class offers comprehensive course selection, live lectures, and peer mentoring with access to online materials
- Online courses combine flexibility with an interactive live classroom experience
- Flexible pacing and instructor-guided support of Mentored Learning
Even the best course content in the world needs to be reinforced throughout the course session and long after the class is over. New Horizons integrates a wealth of learning resources into the training process to keep the learning fluid and increase retention.
- Courseware:Take one of our more complex technical courses, and you’ll have access to a complete vendor-authorized learning reinforcement kit
- eCourseware: Access to the latest online course content (where available)
- Post-class resources: Use self-paced, interactive multimedia tutorials during class or as a post-class reference for traditional In Class and Online classes
- Online archives: Bolster your learning by listening to archived classroom course recordings, available 24/7
- Online reference books: 24/7 access to the electronic versions of the top technical books from MIT Press, O’Reilly, Que, SAMS, and other leading technology publishers
- Virtual labs: Hands-on experience is one of the most effective ways to reinforce learning. New Horizons’ Labs On-Demand allows you to practice what you’ve learned on actual equipment that replicates working with the leading networking technologies
- New Horizons retake policy: Based on available space, you can retake a traditional In-Class or Online training course within six months of your completion date
- Exam preparation: Preparing for a certification exam? New Horizons puts you in a simulated testing environment to get you ready to pass your exam the first time
Learning aides go a long way to reinforce your training. But New Horizons goes beyond that with resources that make our reinforcement tools more effective.
- Ongoing account executive consultation: Whether you’re a consumer, small/medium-sized business, or enterprise, you need continuing support, and New Horizons delivers it
- My New Horizons homepage: The Online courses includes the Online learning plan through your own personal portal on newhorizons.com
- Technical help desk support: As an Online student, you’ll get the expert technical troubleshooting help you need
- Training administration: Track your team’s learning progress through the customized reports and capabilities of the New Horizons learning management system
Whether you’re a student or corporate training manager, use the validation component of New Horizons’ Integrated Learning Approach to track learning progress, identify areas that need improvement and gauge the business value of the skills you or your teams are learning.
- Certification exam testing: New Horizons is the largest Prometric and VUE exam provider and offers students a proctored environment to achieve certification (Sold separately)
- Assessment: As a New Horizons student, you can measure your acquired and retained knowledge using our exam preparation tools
- Post-class survey: New Horizons distributes surveys 60 days after training to see how students’ skills translate to better job performance. We also gauge student satisfaction with the overall learning experience and continuously use the feedback to improve training and services constantly
- Learning transcripts: View your Online learning plans
- Course evaluations: To ensure the industry-leading quality of New Horizons training, facilities, and course content, in-class, and Online students regularly evaluate our instructors and courses