GoTo Products by Citrix Find A New Home
A BOLD MOVE FOR CITRIX THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE
Citrix, a software company specializing in virtualization technologies, has recently announced in a post on its site that it will split its line of GoTo products into their own special company. These products, which include products like GoToMyPC that allow you to virtualize your desktop and access it anywhere, will be part of its own publicly traded company, with current investors in Citrix receiving shares in both companies after the split.
Although the separation won't be fully completed until late 2016, there's a lot of buzz happening in the IT community about what's next for the GoTo line of virtualization products. With these features netting Citrix about $600 million in the 12 months leading up to September 2015, this new company has the potential to make a lot of money.
Reshaping and refocusing of efforts to come
As ZDNet contributor Larry Dignan noted, the various changes Citrix has made should help expand its operations considerably in the coming years. In 2017, the company expects to see continued growth acceleration among its core strategic products and services. It's certainly a somewhat risky gambit that Citrix is engaging in here, and there may very well be some growing pains to such a significant change. However, this is a necessary step for a company working to reshape its business model.
Not only does this separation benefit GoTo customers, who will be getting support from a company that does nothing other than cater to their needs, but it also allows Citrix to spend more time developing products outside of the GoTo family. Bob Calderoni, who is the acting interim CEO, president and executive chairman of the company, believes this split will allow Citrix to improve other areas of its business.
"This separation will create a leading, pure-play SaaS company that will have a targeted focus with the flexibility to invest in its portfolio of products," said Calderoni in the company's announcement on its site. "It will also allow Citrix to refocus and amplify investment in our core mission to enable secure and reliable delivery of apps and data for the modern enterprise."
Citrix certification holders to benefit
Even though the entirety of this move won't be completed for another year or so, those with Citrix training under their belts are really going to benefit from this. Virtualization is a really hot topic right now, with MarketsandMarkets expecting the application market alone to reach $2.6 Billion by 2020. This split is going to allow GoTo to redefine and reshape its product, hopefully garnering some new business in the process.
If you'd like to see what Citrix training can do for you, make sure to check out the list of Citrix certification courses offered by New Horizons Computer Learning Centers of Southern California and Southern Arizona. With years of experience in computer based training programs, New Horizons can help you take your IT career to the next level.
- Citrix Training and CertificationAs an authorized provider of Citrix training, New Horizons Southern California provides a variety of Citrix certification courses available in a classroom setting or through live, interactive web-based training.
- Cloud Computing Training and CertificationCloud Computing solutions present business of all sizes with tremendous opportunities for efficiency and cost savings. With change comes uncertainty, but endless industry statistics show evidence that Cloud Computing is worth the investment.
- Assessing Big Data's Big FutureOne of the most rapidly growing areas in information technology is big data. Big data can be defined as massive batches of data that can be captured and analyzed to identify patterns or predict trends, and nearly every growing space in the technology world - including the Internet of Things, cloud computing, data center virtualization and cybersecurity - will in some way be affected by it.
- New FAA Contract Shows How Much Money There Is In the CloudCloud computing is one of the biggest revolutions to hit computing since the Internet itself. It seems like every technology company is trying to optimize their business using it. Popular products like Adobe Photoshop and InDesign, once sold in a box set, are now exclusively marketed through the cloud.
- Using Internal IT Conflicts to Your Company's Advantage By the title of this webinar, you’re probably thinking it’s about bad things within IT. Wrong, wrong, wrong! Conflicting goals within IT are in many ways a very good thing. If managed correctly, positive conflict can create motivated employees, innovative solutions, and cost effective, high-quality results