Conshohocken, PA — May 14, 2019 - New Horizons Computer Learning Centers the world’s largest IT training company, published new research in its 2019 State of IT Training report.
The 20-page report combines responses from 1,500 IT managers and professionals worldwide to uncover key trends in IT talent development.
New Horizons’ research underscores the widening IT skills gap that exists across growing fields such as software and application development. Sixty-eight percent of respondents cite “staying on top of new IT trends” as an important or very important initiative for success.
For the second year in a row, cybersecurity also remains the top training priority for businesses.
“A direct link exists between successful, innovative companies and their investment in employee training,“ said Kevin Rock, Sr. Director, Products and Marketing, at New Horizons. “Our research highlights the areas companies are excelling and falling short in their training programs and the technical competencies that are top of mind for business decision-makers.“
Key findings from the report include:
- 6 out of 10 respondents do not have a formal IT training program in place at their organizations.
- Only 36 percent of respondents believe their IT training strategy is eﬀective.
- The most successful learning methods are instructor-led online courses, on-the-job training and instructor-led classroom courses.
- Nearly 63 percent of decision-makers plan to increase or maintain their IT budget this year.
- The largest IT skill gaps exist in software/app development, cybersecurity and cloud computing.
- 88% of decision-makers agree that relevant vendor certiﬁcations are somewhat or very important when vetting IT candidates.
Read the full 2019 State of IT Training report.
New Horizons has been named one of the top 20 IT training companies by TrainingIndustry.com for 11 consecutive years. The company has a network of training centers that spans six continents and over 35 countries embracing many cultures and languages.
About New Horizons Computer Learning Centers
As the world’s largest independent IT training company, New Horizons helps businesses advance by upgrading people. New Horizons IT and business training solutions have kept businesses — from startups to global enterprises — ahead of the technology curve for more than 35 years. New Horizons provides a measurable return on any company’s training investment with learning methods that meet the styles, demands and schedules of management and employees.
New Horizons is a certified Microsoft Partner with a Gold Learning competency, Cisco Platinum Partner for Learning Solutions, CompTIA Authorized Platinum Partner, IBM Authorized Training Provider, VMware Authorized Training Center and AXELOS Global Strategic Partner. For more information, visit www.newhorizons.com.
Senior Director, Products & Marketing
New Horizons Computer Learning Centers