Students will learn to install, customize and administer the AIX operating system in a multi-user POWER (System p) partitioned environment.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
At course completion, you will be able to:
- Install the AIX operating system, filesets, and RedHat Package Manager (RPM) packages
- Perform system startup and shutdown
- Discuss and use system management tools such as System Management Interface Tool (SMIT) and IBM systems director console for AIX
- Manage physical and logical devices
- Discuss the purpose of the logical volume manager
- Perform logical volume and file system management
- Perform and restore system backups
- Use the AIX error log as a tool in problem determination
- Configure TCP/IP networking
Length: 5.0 days (40 hours)
5:30 PM ET