In this course you will learn the DS8000 storage subsystem and its hardware components and logical structure. You configure the DS8000 storage subsystem using a DS8000 Storage Manager GUI and review the DS CLI interface for scripting configuration functions. You will also perform dynamic data relocation using Easy Tier function. In addition we have a unit on the recently announced product called the DS8900F.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
At course completion you will have gained skills to:
- Using the history, hardware & software features, functions, and components of the DS8000 family determine the architecture of the DS8880
- Distinguish those elements that contribute to virtualization and the DS8880
- Carry out those steps needed to configure the DS8880, using the Data Storage Command Line Interface (DS CLI)
- Carry out those steps needed to configure the DS8880, using the data storage Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Outline those benefits of host attachments that will enable higher throughput and lower response times when connecting a DS8880 to your z System
- Clarify the features of cache, performance identification, and TPC and their contributions to the physical and logical setup of the DS8880
- Relate those functions of copy services, flash copy, and global mirroring to business continuity
- Summarize the features and functions of the DS8900F
- Distinguish the benefits of the three DS8900F models