This course is designed to teach you the basic skills required to write programs using the REXX language in z/OS. The course covers the TSO extensions to REXX and interaction with other environments such as the MVS console.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
The objectives of this course are as follows:
- Write programs using the Rexx language
- Use various data parsing techniques
- Use built-in Rexx functions
- Create user-defined internal and external functions and subroutines
- Issue host commands from within Rexx execs
- Code programs that read and write data sets
- Use instructions and commands that manipulate the data stack
- Use Rexx debugging tools
- Write error-handling routines