Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers v.4.0 course provides knowledge of BGP, the routing protocol and foundation for the Internet and new-world technologies such as Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS). It prepares you to design and implement efficient, optimal BGP networks covering the theory and configuration of BGP on Cisco IOS routers, detailed troubleshooting, and hands-on exercises.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
After completing this course, student(s) should be able to:
- Describe how to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot basic BGP to enable interdomain routing in a network scenario with multiple domains
- Describe how to use BGP policy controls to influence the BGP route selection process in a network scenario in which you must support connections to multiple ISPs
- Describe how to use BGP attributes to influence the route selection process in a network scenario where you must support multiple connections
- Describe how to successfully connect the customer network to the Internet in a network scenario in which multiple connections must be implemented
- Describe how to configure the service provider network to behave as a transit AS in a typical implementation with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems
- Enable route reflection as possible solution to BGP scaling issues in a typical service provider network with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems
- Describe the available BGP tools and features to optimize the scalability of the BGP routing protocol in a typical BGP network
Length: 5.0 days (40 hours)
5:00 PM PT