In this course, students will review the rules of grammar, identify common grammar errors, and refine their business writing style. This course may earn a Credly Badge.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- examine nouns, pronouns, and verbs.
- identify adjectives and adverbs.
- identify prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections.
- identify some important rules of grammar and some commonly made grammatical errors.
- identify grammar rules regarding correct punctuation.
- identify problematic sentence fragments, run-ons, and comma splices, as well as effective methods of rewriting sentences so that they are clear and complete.
- identify methods for improving word choices.
- identify methods for building effective sentences.
- identify methods for editing text effectively.
- identify methods for avoiding some common errors made by overzealous writers who create hypercorrections in their own work.