You learned the rules of grammar in school, but now you'd like to refresh and refine your grammar usage for your professional life. You need to state your ideas clearly and concisely in written communications and present yourself in a professional manner. In this course, you will review the rules of grammar, identify common grammar errors, and refine your business writing style. Improving your grammar will help you deliver polished and professional written communications. Correct grammar and a refined, concise writing style can help you clearly express your ideas to others, streamline the directions and instructions that you deliver, and create impressive presentations and reports.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
In this course, you will identify the elements of correct grammar for use in professional writing. You will:
• Examine nouns, pronouns, and verbs.
• Identify adjectives and adverbs.
• Identify prepositions, conjunctions, and interjections.
• Identify some important rules of grammar and some commonly made grammatical errors.
• Identify grammar rules regarding correct punctuation.
• Identify problematic sentence fragments, run-ons, and comma splices, as well as effective methods of rewriting sentences so that they are clear and complete.
• Identify methods for improving word choices.
• Identify methods for building effective sentences.
• Identify methods for editing text effectively.
Length: 1.0 day (8 hours)
5:00 PM ET