Addresses the evolving role of network engineers towards more programmability, automation and orchestration, enabling them to leverage the powerful level of abstraction provided by controller based architectures to create real added value.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Learn how to minimize the number of manual interactions with the network and increase the use of scripts and automation tools to drive down operational inefficiencies.
- Review network programmability fundamentals including Linux and Python, common automation protocols such as NETCONF and REST and how they relate to YANG data models.
- Learn about SDN controllers including APIC, APIC-EM and OSC, as well as how to use device-level APIs such as Cisco NXOS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR and ASA OS.
- Learn about DevOps and Agile software development methodologies and get started on using automation tools such as Ansible, Chef and Puppet.