If you are taking this course, you probably have some exposure to managing projects, or you may be considering embarking on a career as a professional project manager. Your ability as a project manager to demonstrate best practices in project management on the job is becoming the standard to compete in today's fast-paced and highly technical workplace. In this course, you will apply the generally recognized practices of project management to successfully manage projects. Project managers are always under severe pressure to complete projects on time and within budget. However, most projects fail to meet these demands, and, as a result, many projects are terminated early. Successful project management requires knowledge and experience. This course is designed to provide you with the
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
In this course, you will apply recognized practices of project management to manage a project from start to finish.
- Identify the basic concepts of project management.
- Launch a project.
- Estimate project work.
- Create a project schedule.
- Plan project costs.
- Plan for project risks.
- Plan for project quality and compliance.
- Manage human and physical resources for the project.
- Manage project procurements.
- Plan for change management and monitor the project scope.
- Monitor and optimize project schedule and cost.
- Monitor the quality of the project work and the risks involved.
- Plan communication strategies and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Close a project.