Configuring BGP on Cisco Routers v.4.0 course teaches the underlying foundations of the Internet and new-world technologies such as Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS). It prepares students to design and implement efficient, optimal, and trouble-free BGP networks covering: - The theory of BGP and configuration of BGP on Cisco IOS routers. - Detailed troubleshooting information and hands-on exercises that provide students with the skills needed to configure and troubleshoot BGP networks in customer environments. - BGP network design issues and usage rules for various BGP features.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Describe how to configure, monitor, and troubleshoot basic BGP to enable interdomain routing in a network scenario with multiple domains
- Describe how to use BGP policy controls to influence the BGP route selection process in a network scenario In which you must support connections to multiple ISPs
- Describe how to use BGP attributes to influence the route selection process in a network scenario where you must support multiple connections
- Describe how to successfully connect the customer network to the Internet in a network scenario in which multiple connections must be implemented
- Describe how to configure the service provider network to behave as a transit AS in a typical implementation with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems
- Enable route reflection as possible solution to BGP scaling issues in a typical service provider network with multiple BGP connections to other autonomous systems
- Describe the available BGP tools and features to optimize the scalability of the BGP routing protocol in a typical BGP network
Cost: $ 750
Length: 30.0 days (40 hours)
Book Self Paced On Demand