This course explores how to create advanced services using the NSO application framework and Python scripting with both new and existing Layer 3 Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) VPN services. Students will also learn how to manage and scale these services, and how to use NSO Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) orchestration features and Cisco Elastic Services Controller (ESC) to manage Virtualized Network Functions (VNFs).
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the NSO’s transactional application framework and mapping model options
- Describe the Reactive Fastmap design pattern and the NSO Configuration Database (CDB) subscriber in the NSO Transaction model
- Simplify packages to remove the need for subscriber applications, scale orchestration solutions, and integrate NSO with external systems (east-west integration)
- Describe the Cisco ESC architecture and integration with NSO, and how the NSO VNF Orchestration (VNFO) Release 2 bundle interacts with ESC for orchestration