This course covers installation, configuration, circuit protection, maintenance, and basic troubleshooting using the Cisco Transport Controller for the Cisco ONS 15454 M6 and M12 shelves and the Cisco NCS 2015 shelf. You review DWDM terminology and components, explore the available chassis and cards, and discuss hardware installation. You also learn how to use the Cisco Transport Controller server software to connect to the nodes, perform network turn-up and circuit creation, deploy linear and Single-Module ROADM (SMR) DWDM multishelf topologies, configure Raman amplifiers and Any Rate cards, and configure protected and unprotected circuits. The course also covers a variety of card options.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify platform chassis that use the Cisco ONS 15454 DWDM cards
- Identify the main categories of DWDM cards
- Use the Cisco Transport Controller to connect to an ONS 15454 MSTP or NCS 2000 Series chassis and navigate within the GUI
- Provision DWDM circuits by using the Cisco Transport Controller
- Identify node configurations according to card population Perform Raman amplifier initialization
- Configure Any Rate cards
- Configure circuit protection options
- Perform basic DWDM troubleshooting using the Cisco Transport Controller