Implementing Automation for Cisco Enterprise Solutions (ENAUI) v.1.2 teaches you how to implement Cisco Enterprise automated solutions, including programming concepts, orchestration, telemetry, and automation tools. This course highlights the tools and the benefits of leveraging programmability and automation in the Cisco-powered Enterprise Campus and WAN. You will also examine platforms including IOS XE software for device-centric automation, Cisco DNA Center for the intent-based enterprise network, Cisco Software-Defined WAN, and Cisco Meraki. Their current ecosystem of APIs, software development toolkits, and relevant workflows are studied in detail together with open industry standards, tools, and APIs, such as Python, Ansible, Git, JSON/YAML, NETCONF/RESTCONF, and YANG.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Get familiar with different API styles (REST, RPC) and synchronous and asynchronous API requests
- Learn how to use Postman software development tool in order to test the API calls
- Learn how to automate repetitive tasks using Ansible automation engine
- Explore a Python programming language, Python libraries and Python virtual environments and learn how can they be used for automation of network configuration tasks
- Get introduced to GIT version control system and its common operations
- Learn how to leverage the various models and APIs of the Cisco IOS XE platform to perform day-zero operations, improve troubleshooting methodologies with custom tools, augment the CLI using scripts, and integrate various workflows using Ansible and Python
- Learn about the paradigm shift of model-driven telemetry and the building blocks of a working solution
- Learn how to leverage the tools and APIs to automate Cisco DNA infrastructure managed by Cisco DNA Center & trade
- Demonstrate workflows (configuration, verification, health checking, and monitoring) using Python, Ansible, and Postman
- Understand Cisco SD-WAN solution components, implement a Python library that works with the Cisco SD-WAN APIs to perform configuration, inventory management, and monitoring tasks, and implement reusable Ansible roles to automate provisioning new branch sites on an existing Cisco SD-WAN infrastructure
- Learn how to leverage the tools and APIs to automate Cisco Meraki managed infrastructure and demonstrate workflows (configuration, verification, health checking, monitoring) using Python, Ansible, and Postman