The Securing Cisco Networks with Snort Rule Writing Best Practices (SSFRules) v2.0 course shows you how to write rules for Snort, an open-source intrusion detection and prevention system. Through a combination of expert-instruction and hands-on practice, this course provides you with the knowledge and skills to develop and test custom rules, standard and advanced rules-writing techniques, how to integrate OpenAppID into rules, rules filtering, rules tuning, and more. The hands-on labs give you practice in creating and testing Snort rules.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the Snort rule development process
- Describe the Snort basic rule syntax and usage
- Describe how traffic is processed by Snort
- Describe several advanced rule options used by Snort
- Describe OpenAppID features and functionality
- Describe how to monitor the performance of Snort and how to tune rules
Cost: $ 1,000
Length: 3.0 days (24 hours)
Book Self Paced On Demand