This course is a five-day course aimed at providing network engineers and technicians that are working in the enterprise sector with the knowledge and skills that are needed to study and configure Cisco IOS Software IPv6 features.
* Actual course outline may vary depending on offering center. Contact your sales representative for more information.
- Describe the factors that led to the development of IPv6 and possible uses of this new IP structure
- Describe the structure of the IPv6 address format, how IPv6 interacts with data link layer technologies, and how IPv6 is supported in Cisco IOS Software
- Implement IPv6 services and applications
- Understand the updates to IPv4 routing protocols needed to support IPv6 topologies
- Understand multicast concepts and IPv6 multicast specifics
- Evaluate the scenario and desired outcome and identify the best transition mechanism for the situation
- Describe security issues, how security for IPv6 is different than for IPv4, and emerging practices for IPv6-enabled networks
- Describe the standards bodies that define IPv6 address allocation, in addition to one of the leading IPv6 deployment issuesâ€”multihoming
- Describe the deployment strategies that service providers might consider when deploying IPv6
- Describe case studies for enterprise, service provider, and branch networks
Length: 5.0 days (40 hours)
6:00 PM ET