This course teaches experienced authors advanced report building techniques to enhance, customize, manage, and distribute reports. Additionally, the student will learn how to create highly interactive and engaging reports that can be run offline by creating Active Reports.
Please see description
Who Should Attend?
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 - CREATE QUERY MODELS
- Build a query and connect it to a report
- Answer a business question by referencing data in a separate query
2 - CREATE REPORTS BASED ON QUERY RELATIONSHIPS
- Create join relationships between queries
- Combine data containers based on relationships from different queries
- Create a report comparing the percentage of change
3 - INTRODUCTION TO DIMENSIONAL REPORTING CONCEPTS
- Examine data sources and model types
- Describe the dimensional approach to queries
- Apply report authoring styles
4 - INTRODUCTION TO DIMENSIONAL DATA IN REPORTS
- Use members to create reports
- Identify sets and tuples in reports
- Use query calculations and set definitions
5 - DIMENSIONAL REPORT CONTEXT
- Examine dimensional report members
- Examine dimensional report measures
- Use the default measure to create a summarized column in a report
6 - FOCUS YOUR DIMENSIONAL DATA
- Focus your report by excluding members of a defined set
- Compare the use of the filter() function to a detail filter
- Filter dimensional data using slicers
7 - CALCULATIONS AND DIMENSIONAL FUNCTIONS
- Examine dimensional functions
- Show totals and exclude members
- Create a percent of base calculation
8 - CREATE ADVANCED DYNAMIC REPORTS
- Use query macros
- Control report output using a query macro
- Create a dynamic growth report
- Create a report that displays summary data before detailed data and uses singletons to summarize information
9 - DESIGN EFFECTIVE PROMPTS
- Create a prompt that allows users to select conditional formatting values
- Create a prompt that provides users a choice between different filters
- Create a prompt to let users choose a column sort order
- Create a prompt to let users select a display type
10 - EXAMINE THE REPORT SPECIFICATION
- Examine report specification flow
- Identify considerations when modifying report specifications
- Customize reporting objects
11 - DISTRIBUTE REPORTS
- Burst a report to email recipients by using a data item
- Burst a list report to the IBM Cognos Analytics portal by using a burst table
- Burst a crosstab report to the IBM Cognos Analytics portal by using a burst table and a master detail relationship
12 - ENHANCE USER INTERACTION WITH HTML
- Create interactive reports using HTML
- Include additional information with tooltips
- Send emails using links in a report
13 - INTRODUCTION TO IBM COGNOS ACTIVE REPORTS
- Examine Active Report controls and variables
- Create a simple Active Report using Static and Data-driven controls
- Change filtering and selection behavior in a report
- Create interaction between multiple controls and variables
14 - ACTIVE REPORT CHARTS AND DECKS
- Create an Active Report with a Deck
- Create an Active Report with 11.0 visualizations