Provide advanced troubleshooting skills to investigate and resolve more complex issues that may occur while managing your Check Point Security environment.
Management Database and Processes
Advanced Kernel Debugging
User Mode Troubleshooting
Advanced Access Control
Understanding Threat Prevention
Advanced VPN Troubleshooting
Acceleration and Performance Tuning
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for security experts and Check Point resellers who desire to obtain the necessary knowledge required to perform more advanced troubleshooting skills while managing their security environments.
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
1 - Outline
- Understand how to use Check Point diagnostic tools to determine the status of a network.
- Understand how to use network packet analyzers and packet capturing tools to evaluate network traffic.
- Become familiar with more advanced Linux system commands.
- Obtain a deeper knowledge of the Security Management architecture.
- Understand how the Management database is structured and how objects are represented in the database.
- Understand key Security Management Server processes and their debugs.
- Understand how GuiDBedit operates.
- Understand how the kernel handles traffic and how to troubleshoot issues with chain modules.
- Understand how to use the two main procedures for debugging the Firewall kernel and how they differ.
- Recognize User mode prcesses and how to interpret their debugs.
- Discuss how to enable and use core dumps.
- Understand the processes and components used for policy installs and processing packets in Access Control policies.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug issues that may occur with App Control and URLF.
- Understand how to debug HTTPS Inspection-related issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug Content Awareness issues.
- Understand how IPS works and how to manage performance issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot Anti-Bot and Antivirus.
- Recognize how to troubleshoot and debug Site-to-Site VPN-related issues.
- Understand how to troubleshoot and debug Remote Access VPNs.
- Understand how troubleshoot Mobile Access VPN issues.
- Recognize how to use SecureXL features and commands to enable and disable accelerated traffic.
- Understand how the server hardware and operating system affects the performance of Security Gateways.
- Understand how to evaluate hardware configurations for optimal performance.