This 2-day instructor-led course gives participants a broad study of networking options on Google Cloud Platform. Through presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, learners explore and deploy GCP networking technologies, such as Google Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) networks, subnets, firewalls, interconnection among networks, load balancing, Cloud DNS, and Cloud CDN. The course also covers common network design patterns and automated deployment using Cloud Deployment Manager.
Configure Google VPC networks, subnets, and routers
Control administrative access to VPC objects
Control network access to endpoints in VPCs
Interconnect networks among Google Cloud projects
Interconnect networks among Google Cloud VPC networks and on-premises or other-cloud networks
Choose among Google Cloud load balancer and proxy options and configure them
Use Cloud CDN to reduce latency and save money
Optimize network spend using Network Tiers
Configure Cloud NAT or Private Google
Access to provide instances without public IP addresses access to other services
Deploy networks declaratively using Cloud Deployment Manager or Terraform
Design networks to meet common customer requirements
Configure monitoring and logging to troubleshoot networks problems
Who Should Attend?
Network Engineers and Network Admins who are either using Google Cloud Platform or planning to do so
Individuals who want to be exposed to software-defined networking solutions in the cloud.
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
1 - Google Cloud VPC Networking Fundamentals
- Recall that networks belong to projects
- Explain the differences among default, auto, and custom networks
- Create networks and subnets
- Explain how IPv4 addresses are assigned to Compute Engine instances
- Publish domain names using Google Cloud DNS
- Create Compute Engine instances with IP aliases
- Create Compute Engine instances with multiple virtual network interfaces
2 - Controlling Access to VPC Networks
- Outline how IAM policies affect VPC networks
- Control access to network resources using service accounts
- Control access to Compute Engine instances with tagbased firewall rules
3 - Sharing Networks across Projects
- Outline the overall workflow for configuring Shared VPC
- Differentiate between the IAM roles that allow network resources to be managed
- Configure peering between unrelated VPC Networks
- Recall when to use Shared VPC and when to use VPC Network Peering
4 - Load Balancing
- Recall the various load balancing services
- Configure Layer 7 HTTP(S) load balancing
- Whitelist and blacklist IP traffic with Cloud Armor
- Cache content with Cloud CDN
- Explain Layer 4 TCP or SSL proxy load balancing
- Explain regional network load balancing
- Configure internal load balancing
- Recall the choices for enabling IPv6 Internet connectivity for Google Cloud load balancers
- Determine which Google Cloud load balancer to use when
5 - Hybrid Connectivity
- Recall the Google Cloud interconnect and peering services available to connect your infrastructure to Google Cloud
- Explain Dedicated Interconnect and Partner Interconnect
- Describe the workflow for configuring a Dedicated Interconnect
- Build a connection over a VPN with Cloud Router
- Determine which Google Cloud interconnect service to use when
- Explain Direct Peering and Partner Peering
- Determine which Google Cloud peering service to use when
6 - Networking Pricing and Billing
- Recognize how networking features are charged for
- Use Network Service Tiers to optimize spend
- Determine which Network Service Tier to use when
- Recall that labels can be used to understand networking spend
7 - Network Design and Deployment
- Explain common network design patterns
- Configure Private Google Access to allow access to certain Google Cloud services from VM instances with only internal IP addresses
- Configure Cloud NAT to provide your instances without public IP addresses access to the internet
- Automate the deployment of networks using Deployment Manager or Terraform
- Launch networking solutions using Cloud Marketplace
8 - Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting
- Configure uptime checks, alerting policies and charts for your network services
- Use VPC Flow Logs to log and analyze network traffic behavior