This course presents the skills necessary to administer and manage a VxRail cluster. Key topics include management interfaces, managing cluster configurations, resource provisioning and expansion, monitoring, managing availability, and basic troubleshooting.
Hands-on labs, video demonstrations, and interactive simulations are included in the course to provide a step-by step walkthrough of the key procedures to manage the cluster.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
Describe the VxRail system architecture and components.
Manage a VxRail cluster using vCenter and the VxRail Manager Plugin
Configure and provision resources on a VxRail cluster.
Monitor system status, health, and performance.
Maintain the system and troubleshoot basic system issues.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for customers, partners, and Dell employees who are responsible for administering and managing VxRail clusters.
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 - Outline
- Review VxRail Deployment Options
- Locate Documentation and Resources for Administering VxRailManage the VxRail Cluster
- Manage VxRail Using the VxRail Plugin for vCenter Server
- Lab: Manage VxRail Cluster with vSphere Client Using VxRail Plugin
- Monitor the Health and Performance of the VxRail vSAN Cluster
- Lab: Monitor Health, Capacity, and Performance of the VxRail vSAN Cluster
- Manage vSAN Services
- Lab: Manage vSAN Space Efficiency
- Manage and Use vSAN Storage Policies
- Lab: Manage and Use vSAN Storage Policies
- Manage vSAN HCI Mesh
- Demonstration: Manage vSAN HCI Mesh
- Lab: FTT, FTM, and Fault Domain Interactions
- Lab: Place a Node into Maintenance Mode
- Lab: Node Utilization and Failover
- Perform Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Explore SolVe Online and Generate VxRail Procedures
- Lab: Generate VxRail Procedures with SolVe Online
- VxRail Manager File-Based Backup and Restore
- Lab: VxRail Manager File-Based Backup
- Upgrade VxRail Software
- Perform Log Collection
- Lab: Perform Log Collection
- Interaction: Explore iDRAC and ESXi Shell
- Perform Additional Administrative Tasks
- Manage VxRail Networking
- Lab: Create and Configure VDS for Production Traffic
- Manage a Stretched Cluster Deployment"