This three-day instructor-led course provides an overview of the latest generations of Dell EMC PowerEdge rack and tower servers. It is recommended to successfully complete Dell EMC PowerEdge Server Concepts prior to taking this course. This course will assist the participant to identify how to successfully install, manage and troubleshoot Dell EMC PowerEdge servers, providing best practice information consisting of instructor-led training and hands-on activities. This course is part of the recommended training path leading to the Dell Technologies Specialist Implementation Engineer, PowerEdge certification
Demonstrate knowledge of key server components.
Identify hot swap components.
Describe the role and features of the iDRAC9 and Lifecycle Controller.
Access and navigate the iDRAC9 and Lifecycle Controller user
interfaces to configure and manage PowerEdge servers.
Configure RAID storage using the iDRAC user interface, Lifecycle
Controller and OMSA.
Backup and restore the server profile.
Update component firmware.
Perform SupportAssist Collections using iDRAC9.
Install OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) and the iDRAC
Service Module (iSM).
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for System Administrators and others who install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot Dell EMC PowerEdge Rack and Tower products.
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
1 - Outline
- Portfolio Overview
- Highlevelviewof13G,14Gand15GDellEMCPowerEdge servers
- Specifications–13G,14G,and15Gservers Server
- Expansion and Networking o StorageandGPU
- Silicon-Based Hardware Root-of-Trust (ROT) o BootGuard
- BIOS/UEFI Recovery and Secure Boot/Erase
- Configuration Validation
- Configuration Validation Process
- Server Administration
- Server Management in iDRAC
- Manage server using the Lifecycle Controller o SystemSetupUtility
- GPU Management
- Server Maintenance and Update
- Server Troubleshooting
- TroubleshootingusingSystemManagementTools o TroubleshootingHardwareIssue