In this course you will build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and the Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform and understand one of the key tenets of the DevOps movement: continuous integration and continuous deployment. Containers have become a key technology for the configuration and deployment of applications and microservices. Kubernetes is a container orchestration platform that provides foundational services in Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, allowing enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes.
In addition to gaining an understanding of these tools, you will build core administration skills through the installation, configuration, and management of an OpenShift cluster.
By the end of this course, students will know how to:
Container, Docker, and OpenShift architecture
Creating containerized services
Managing containers and container images
Creating custom container images
Deploying multi-container applications
Installing an OpenShift cluster
Configuring and managing masters and nodes
Securing OpenShift Container Platform
Controlling access to resources on OpenShift Container Platform
Monitoring and collecting metrics on OpenShift Container Platform
Deploying applications on OpenShift Container Platform using source-to-image (S2I)
Managing storage on OpenShift Container Platform
Who Should Attend?
Developers, Administrators, and Architects,
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 - Describe container technology
- Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by the OpenShift Container Platform.
2 - Create containerized services
- Provision a server using container technology.
3 - Manage containers
- Manipulate pre-built container images to create and manage containerized services.
4 - Manage container images
- Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
5 - Install OpenShift Container Platform
- Install OpenShift and configure the cluster.
6 - Explore OpenShift networking concepts
- Describe and explore OpenShift networking concepts.
7 - Deploy containerized applications on OpenShift
- Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
8 - Deploy multi-container applications on OpenShift
- Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images on an OpenShift cluster.
9 - Execute commands
- Execute commands using the command-line interface.
10 - Control resource access
- Control access to OpenShift resources.
11 - Allocate persistent storage
- Implement persistent storage.
12 - Manage application deployments
- Manipulate resources to manage deployed applications.
13 - Install the metrics subsystem
- Install and configure the metrics gathering system.
14 - Manage OpenShift Container Platform
- Manage and monitor OpenShift resources and software.