Designed for experienced IT professionals, you will learn to build and combine App Layers to optimize management of your app and desktop images and to implement Workspace Environment Management to improve log-on times, centralize user settings management, and optimize the performance of machines.
You will leave this course with a good understanding of how to manage more complex solutions and features in your Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop 7 site.
- How to configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption.
- How to migrate to Workspace Environment Management
- App Layering skills to create and administer OS, platform, application, elastic and user layers
Who Should Attend?
Built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 in an on-premises environment or Citrix Cloud looking to expand their Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops skills to an advanced level. Potential students include administrators or engineers responsible for the Citrix Apps and Desktop 7 Site.
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
1 - Introduction to App Layering
- App Layering Introduction
- Architecture and How it Works
2 - The OS Layer
3 - The Platform Layer
- Creating a Platform Layer
4 - The App Layers
5 - Creating Elastic App and User Layers
- Elastic App Layering
- User Layers
6 - Deploying a Layered Image using Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Using Templates in App Layering
- Using Layered Images in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site
7 - Exploring Layer Priority
8 - Maintaining an App Layering Environment
- Updating Layers
- Maintaining and Updating the App Layering Environment
- Common App Layering Considerations and Additional Resources
9 - Introduction to Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
- Workspace Environment Management (WEM) Introduction
- WEM Administration
10 - Using WEM to Centralize Environment Management
- Managing User Resources with WEM
- Managing Profiles with WEM
- Managing Endpoints with the WEM Transformer Feature
11 - Using WEM for Performance Optimization
- Optimizing Machine Performance with WEM
- Optimizing User Experience with WEM
12 - Using WEM to Secure Environments
13 - Migrating and Upgrading WEM
- Migrating to WEM
- Upgrading a WEM Deployment
- WEM Multi-Location Considerations