Implementing DevOps Solutions and Practices Using Cisco Platforms (DEVOPS) is a 5-day course which teaches students how to automate application deployment, enable automated configuration, enhance management, and improve scalability of cloud microservices and infrastructure processes on Cisco® platforms. Students will also learn how to integrate Docker and Kubernetes to create advanced capabilities and flexibility in application deployment.
This course prepares you for the 300-910 Implementing DevOps Solutions and Practices Using Cisco Platforms (DEVOPS) certification exam.
- Describe the DevOps philosophy and practices, and how they apply to real-life challenges
- Explain container-based architectures and available tooling provided by Docker
- Describe application packaging into containers and start building secure container images
- Utilize container networking and deploy a three-tier network application
- Explain the concepts of configuration item (CI) pipelines and what tooling is available
- Implement a basic pipeline with Gitlab CI that builds and deploys applications
- Implement automated build testing and validation
- Describe DevOps principles applied to infrastructure
- Implement on-demand test environments and explain how to integrate them with an existing pipeline
- Implement tooling for metric and log collection, analysis, and alerting
- Describe the benefits of application health monitoring, telemetry, and chaos engineering in the context of improving the stability and reliability of the ecosystem
- Describe how to implement secure DevOps workflows by safely handling sensitive data and validating applications
- Explain design and operational concepts related to using a mix of public and private cloud deployments
- Describe modern application design and microservices architectures
- Describe the building blocks of Kubernetes and how to use its APIs to deploy an application
- Explain advanced Kubernetes deployment patterns and implement an automated pipeline
- Explain how monitoring, logging, and visibility concepts apply to Kubernetes
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for network and software engineers interested in automation and programmability
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.