Security is foundational to AWS. Governance at scale is a new concept for automating cloud governance that can help companies retire manual processes in account management, budget enforcement, and security and compliance. By automating common challenges, companies can scale without inhibiting agility, speed, or innovation. In addition, they can provide decision makers with the visibility, control, and governance necessary to protect sensitive data and systems. In this course, students will learn how to identify and engage opportunities for governance at scale in new and existing AWS environments. Such solutions will enable developer speed and agility, and incorporate preventive and detective controls. As a result, this model will help students provide the right operational capabilities to achieve proper governance. By the end of this course, students will be able to apply governance best practices to a typical organization’s journey and identify opportunities to improve success with AWS.
- Establish a landing zone with AWS Control Tower
- Configure AWS Organizations to create a multi-account environment
- Implement identity management using AWS Single Sign-On (SSO) users and groups
- Federate access using AWS SSO
- Enforce policies using pre-packaged guardrails
- Centralize logging using AWS CloudTrail and AWS Config
- Enable cross-account security audits using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Define workflows for provisioning accounts using AWS Service Catalog and AWS Security Hub
Who Should Attend?
Delivery and Implementation Engineers
Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE)
Cloud practice stakeholders
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
1 - Governance at Scale
- Governance at scale focal points
- Business and Technical Challenges
2 - Governance Automation
- Multi-account strategies, guidance, and architecture
- Environments for agility and governance at scale
- Governance with AWS Control Tower
- Use cases for governance at scale
3 - Preventive Controls
- Enterprise environment challenges for developers
- AWS Service Catalog
- Resource creation
- Workflows for provisioning accounts
- Preventive cost and security governance
- Self-service with existing IT service management (ITSM) tools
4 - Detective Controls
- Operations aspect of governance at scale
- Resource monitoring
- Configuration rules for auditing
- Operational insights
- Clean up accounts