macOS Support Essentials is a three-day course that teaches the best ways to support macOS users. The course includes instructor presentations, demonstrations, group discussions, and hands-on exercises that provide real-world experience, and is ideal for anyone who manages computer networks or computer labs that run macOS. Attendees will learn how to use all the latest macOS tools and resources to troubleshoot the macOS.
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 - Installation and Configuration
- Update, Upgrade, and Reinstall macOS
- Set Up and Configure macOS
- Use the Command-Line Interface
- Use macOS Recovery
2 - User Accounts
- Manage User Accounts
- Manage User Home Folders
- Manage macOS Security
- Manage Password Changes with Keychain
3 - File Systems
- Manage File Systems and Storage
- Manage Encryption with FileVault
- Manage Permissions and Sharing
4 - Data Management
- Use Hidden Items, Shortcuts, and File Archives
- Manage System Resources
- Use Metadata and Spotlight
- Manage Time Machine
5 - Apps and Processes
- Install Apps
- Manage Documents
- Manage and Troubleshoot Apps
6 - Network Configuration
- Manage Basic Network Settings
- Manage Advanced Network Settings
- Troubleshoot Network Issues
7 - Network Services
- Manage Network Services
- Manage Host Sharing and Personal Firewall
8 - System Management
- Troubleshoot Peripherals
- Manage Printers and Scanners
- Troubleshoot Startup and System Issues