This five-day course teaches you advanced skills for configuring and maintaining a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and hands-on labs, you configure and optimize the VMware vSphere® 7 features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure, and you discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. Attend this course to deepen your understanding of vSphere and learn how its advanced features and controls can benefit your organization.
- Configure and manage vSphere networking and storage for a large and sophisticated enterprise
- Use VMware vSphere® Client™ to manage certificates
- Use Identity Federation to configure VMware vCenter Server® to use Microsoft ADFS
- Use VMware vSphere® Trust Authority™ to secure the infrastructure for encrypted VMs
- Use host profiles to manage VMware ESXi™ host compliance
- Create and manage a content library for deploying virtual machines
- Manage VM resource usage with resource pools
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators for compute, storage, and networking resources for ESXi hosts
- Optimize the performance of ESXi and VMware vCenter Server®
- Discuss the purpose and capabilities of VMware vSphere® with Kubernetes and how it fits into the VMware Tanzu™ portfolio
Who Should Attend?
Experienced system administrators, system engineers, and system integrators
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
1 - Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2 - Network Scalability
- Configure and manage vSphere distributed switches
- Describe how VMware vSphere® Network I/O Control enhances performance
- Explain distributed switch features such as port mirroring and NetFlow
3 - Storage Scalability
- Explain why VMware vSphere® VMFS is a high-performance, scalable file system
- Explain VMware vSphere® Storage APIs - Array Integration, VMware vSphere® API for Storage
- Awareness™, and vSphere APIs for I/O Filtering
- Configure and assign virtual machine storage policies
- Create VMware vSAN™ storage policies
- Configure VMware vSphere® Storage DRS™ and VMware vSphere® Storage I/O Control
- Discuss vSphere support for NVMe and iSER
4 - Host and Management Scalability
- Use the vSphere Client to manage vSphere certificates
- Describe identity federation and recognize its use cases
- Configure identity federation
- Describe the benefits and use cases of vSphere Trust Authority
- Configure vSphere Trust Authority
- Use host profiles to manage ESXi configuration compliance
- Manage and update VM templates in content libraries
- Create and manage resource pools in a cluster
5 - CPU Optimization
- Explain the CPU scheduler operation and other features that affect CPU performance
- Explain NUMA and vNUMA support
- Use esxtop to monitor key CPU performance metrics