This two-day, hands-on training course provides you with the knowledge, skills, and tools to plan and deploy a VMware vSAN™ cluster. In this course, you are taught the many considerations that the end vSAN configuration has on the initial planning of the vSAN datastore. You also perform a fully manual configuration of a vSAN cluster.
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 - Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2 - Introduction to vSAN
- Describe vSAN architecture
- Identify vSAN objects and components
- Describe the advantages of object-based storage
- Describe the difference between All-Flash and Hybrid vSAN architecture
- Explain the key features and use cases for vSAN
- Discuss the vSAN integration and compatibility with other VMware technologies
3 - Planning a vSAN Cluster
- Identify requirements and planning considerations for vSAN clusters
- Apply vSAN cluster planning and deployment best practices
- Determine and plan for storage consumption by data growth and failure tolerance
- Design vSAN hosts for operational needs
- Identify vSAN networking features and requirements
- Describe ways of controlling traffic in a vSAN environment
- Recognize best practices for vSAN network configurations
4 - Deploying a vSAN Cluster
- Deploy and configure a vSAN cluster using the Cluster Quickstart wizard
- Manually configure a vSAN cluster using vSphere Client
- Explain and configure vSAN fault domains
- Using VMware vSphere® High Availability with vSAN
- Understand vSAN cluster maintenance capabilities
- Describe the difference between implicit and explicit fault domains
- Create explicit fault domains
5 - vSAN Storage Policies
- Describe a vSAN object
- Describe how objects are split into components
- Explain the purpose of witness components
- Explain how vSAN stores large objects
- View object and component placement on the vSAN datastore
- Explain how storage policies work with vSAN
- Define and create a virtual machine storage policy
- Apply and modify virtual machine storage policies
- Change virtual machine storage policies dynamically
- Identify virtual machine storage policy compliance status
6 - Introduction to Advanced vSAN Configurations
- Define and configure compression and deduplication in the vSAN cluster
- Define and configure encryption in the vSAN cluster
- Understand the remote vSAN datastore topology
- Identify the operations involved in managing the remote vSAN datastore
- Understand the steps involved in creating the vSAN iSCSI target service
7 - vSAN Stretched and Two-Node Clusters
- Describe the architecture and use cases for stretched clusters
- Detail the deployment and replacement of a vSAN witness node
- Describe the architecture and uses case for two-node clusters
- Explain the benefits of vSphere HA and vSphere Site Recovery Manager in a vSAN stretched cluster
- Explain storage policies for vSAN stretched cluster