This five-day, hands-on training course provides you with the advanced knowledge, skills, and abilities to achieve competence in troubleshooting the VMware vSphere® 7.x environment. This workshop increases your skill and competence in using the command-line interface, VMware vSphere® Client™, log files, and other tools to analyze and solve problems.
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 - Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2 - Introduction to Troubleshooting
- Define the scope of troubleshooting
- Use a structured approach to solve configuration and operational problems
- Apply a troubleshooting methodology to logically diagnose faults and improve troubleshooting efficiency
3 - Troubleshooting Tools
- Use command-line tools (such as Linux commands, vSphere CLI, ESXCLI) to identify and troubleshoot vSphere problems
- Identify important vSphere log files and interpret the log file contents
4 - Troubleshooting Virtual Networking
- Analyze and resolve standard switch and distributed switch problems
- Analyze virtual machine connectivity problems and fix them
- Examine common management network connectivity problems and restore configurations
5 - Troubleshooting Storage
- Troubleshoot and resolve storage (iSCSI, NFS, and VMware vSphere® VMFS) connectivity and configuration problems
- Analyze and resolve common VM snapshot problems
- Identify multipathing-related problems, including common causes of permanent device loss (PDL) and all paths down (APD) events and resolve these problems
6 - Troubleshooting vSphere Clusters
- Identify and recover from problems related to vSphere HA
- Analyze and resolve VMware vSphere® vMotion® configuration and operational problems
- Analyze and resolve common VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ problems
7 - Troubleshooting Virtual Machines
- Identify possible causes and resolve virtual machine power-on problems
- Troubleshoot virtual machine connection state problems
- Resolve problems seen during VMware Tools™ installations
8 - Troubleshooting vCenter Server and ESXi
- Analyze and fix problems with vCenter Server services
- Analyze and fix vCenter Server database problems
- Examine ESXi host and vCenter Server failure scenarios and resolve the problems