This course teaches you how to use Oracle Data Guard. Expert Oracle University instructors will demonstrate how this solution protects your Oracle database against planned and unplanned downtimes.
- What is Oracle Data Guard?
- Types of Standby Databases
- Types of Data Guard Services
- Role Transitions: Switchover and Failover
- Oracle Data Guard Broker Framework
- Choosing an Interface for Administering a Data Guard Configuration
- Oracle Data Guard: Architecture (Overview)
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
1 - Outline
- Oracle Net Services in a Data Guard Environment
- Creating a Physical Standby Database by Using SQL and RMAN Commands
- Managing Physical Standby Files After Structural Changes on the Primary Database
- Using Oracle Active Data Guard: Supported Workloads in Read-Only Standby
- Using Oracle Active Data Guard: Far Sync and Real-Time Cascading
- Creating and Managing a Snapshot Standby Database
- Creating a Logical Standby Database
- Creating and Monitoring a Data Guard Broker Configuration
- Configuring Data Protection Modes
- Optimizing and Tuning a Data Guard Configuration
- Performing Role Transitions
- Using Flashback Database in a Data Guard Configuration
- Enabling Fast-Start Failover
- Backup and Recovery Considerations in an Oracle Data Guard Configuration
- Enhanced Client Connectivity in a Data Guard Environment
- Patching and Upgrading Databases in a Data Guard Configuration