This course explains and demonstrates how to administer and use all features of the PowerProtect DP Series Appliance. The student will learn about each of the models in the PowerProtect DP Series Appliance model family and how to administer and use the PowerProtect DP Series Appliance ACM, PowerProtect DP Series Appliance System Manager, the Backup Server (Avamar), Protection Storage (Data Domain), Reports and Analytics (Data Protection Advisor), and Search. This course includes labs to reinforce these skills through exercises
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
Explain how the PowerProtect DP series appliance provides solutions to backup challenges.
Access and manage with the user interface of the DP series appliance. Describe and create backup policies.
Perform scheduled and on-demand backups and restores.
Deploy and configure an NDMP environment for NAS backups and
Describe and configure the Protection Storage.
Configure and manage search and restore tasks.
Access and configure reporting and analytics for the DP series
Monitor the utilized storage capacity of the DP series appliance.
Describe and configure replication scenarios.
Who Should Attend?
This course is available for all audiences. It is intended for students who plan on using and administering the PowerProtect DP series appliances.
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
1 - PowerProtect DP Series Appliance Concepts
- DP Series Appliance Family
- DP Series Appliance Architecture
- DP Series User Interface for Configuration and Management
2 - Dell EMC PowerProtect DP Series Appliance Overview
- ACM and DP Series Components
3 - Backup and Restore
- Perform Backup and Restores
- NDMP Accelerator for NAS Systems
4 - Protection Storage
5 - Search for Backups
- Types of Searches
- Reporting and Analytics
- Protection Storage
- Capacity Monitoring and Expansion
- PowerProtect DP Series Appliance and Replication
- Dell EMC Cloud DR
- Support and Troubleshooting