The Dell EMC Networking – Data Center Configuration and Administration course is part of the certification training path leading to Dell EMC Certified Specialist, Networking. This course assists you to successfully configure, manage, and troubleshoot Dell EMC Data Center Networking products using best-practice information. This course is delivered through instructor-led training and hands-on activities.
This course enables students to implement Dell EMC networking solutions into the data center. It focuses on OS10, S-Series and Z-Series switch features and functionality. This course is on demand and includes hands-on labs. By the end of this course the students will be able to:
Describe networking technologies and data flows found in the data center environment.
Perform basic switch setup tasks.
Describe, configure, and troubleshoot VLANs.
Explain the importance of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), and then
configure, verify, and troubleshoot the feature.
Describe static and dynamic Link Aggregation Groups (LAG).
Configure and troubleshoot port channel configuration issues.
Configure discovery protocols and interpret Link Layer Discovery
Protocol (LLDP) output.
Demonstrate familiarity with IP subnetting and configure static routes.
Explain, Configure, and validate Open Shortest Path First (OSPF)
Explain, configure, and validate Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and
Equal-cost multi-path routing (ECMP).
Describe, configure, and validate Virtual Link Trunking (VLT).
Configure and validate Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) and list use cases.
Configure uplink failure detection and explain what it is used for.
Implement Policy based routing (PBR).
Configure and validate Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF).
Describe and configure security features including Access Control List
(ACL), Port Security, and Authentication, Authorization, and
Explain the need for Quality of Service (QoS) and configure for a data
Configure a switch to function as a Dynamic Host Configuration
Protocol (DHCP) server or relay agent.
Differentiate between Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP)
and Protocol-Independent Multicast PIM and configure into an existing multicast environment.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for professionals those who configure, manage, and troubleshoot Dell EMC Data Center Networking products.
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
1 - Outline
- Data Center Networking Overview
- Basic Switch Configuration
- Virtual LANs
- Link Aggregation Groups
- Spanning Tree Protocols and Discovery Protocols
- Border Gateway Protocol
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol
- Basic Routing
- Open Shortest Path First - OSPF
- Virtual Link Trunking
- Uplink Failure Detection
- Policy-Based Routing
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding