This course presents the knowledge and skills to successfully design a cloud infrastructure that supports multiple types of services. The course takes an “open” approach and outlines infrastructure, application platform, and cloud management platform as the fundamental layers in a cloud. It explores the business needs and challenges that have led the organization to adopt a cloud solution. This course highlights the benefits, challenges, and considerations of design choices and emphasizes the importance of proper requirements gathering in the design process. Additionally, students are provided with opportunities to practice these new skills while performing exercises and labs. This course prepares the student for the Dell Technologies Proven Professional Cloud Architect Specialist level certification exam.
Apply relevant design processes and techniques when producing an effective cloud infrastructure design.
Create a cloud infrastructure design that addresses business requirements and constraints that were identified during an assessment.
Communicate the benefits, challenges, and considerations of various cloud-enabling technologies as well as their relevance in meeting a business requirement or constraint.
Develop a cloud infrastructure design that includes components such as cloud management, application platform, consumer resources, hybrid and multicloud capabilities, and disaster recovery.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for architects, designers, and consultants who are involved in the planning and design of cloud infrastructure components.
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
1 - Introduction to Cloud Design
- Driving digital transformation through cloud
- Cloud infrastructure design approach, goals, and scope
- Cloud solution design project lifecycle
2 - Design Parameters
- Cloud reference architecture
- General design considerations for cloud infrastructure
3 - Data Collection and Analysis
- Data collection process and metrics
4 - Architecting a Do-It-Yourself Solution
- Selection criteria
- Compute considerations
5 - Architecting a CI/HCI Solution
- CI/HCI selection criteria
- Strategies and design considerations
6 - Cloud Management Platform (CMP)
- Selection criteria for CMP
- CMP design considerations
7 - Hybrid and Multicloud
- Hybrid and multicloud use cases
- Design considerations for hybrid and multicloud
8 - Application Development and Deployment Platform
- Key requirements for application platform
- Options to build an application platform
- Design considerations for Do-It-Yourself